The CISSP certification is huge, it is overwhelming. Having the right approach is extremely important if you want to pass the exam.
Here is what I do whenever I study for a new certification.
It works very well for me, and it does the same for the vast majority of my students too.
- Buy something for the certification, it really doesn’t matter what. You have made a financial commitment, you are more likely to succeed. I normally get books, videos, and practice tests.
- Watch the videos for the certification, preferably from multiple sources. This will help you ease into the certification preparation. If you start with the books it will often seem insurmountable.
- Read the book or books you have chosen, research on google when something is unclear.
- Re-watch the videos.
- Start with practice tests (or configurations). After each practice test, look at the results, research your weak areas and the concepts you did not understand.
- For the CISSP this is where you will spend the majority of your time. Practice test > Research on weak areas > Practice test and on and on until you hit 75-85% on all domains in a NEW test (not one you have seen the questions from before).
It is normal for students to use 1-3 books, 2-4 video resources and do 3-5,000 practice questions before attempting the CISSP, the ones that do not use this approach has a much higher percentage of failures.
If you do not already have my video series and my practice questions you can buy them here for $9.99:
- CISSP Certification: CISSP Domain 1 & 2 Video Boot Camp 2018
- CISSP Certification: CISSP Domain 3 & 4 Video Boot Camp 2018
- CISSP Certification: CISSP Domain 5 & 6 Video Boot Camp 2018
- CISSP Certification: CISSP Domain 7 & 8 Video Boot Camp 2018, is tentatively scheduled for release in 2 weeks (July 13th 2018).
Choose the set of CISSP practice questions that best compliments your study approach.
Both sets are based on the same 1000 unique questions.
Set 1 (Exam emulation sets with 2x 125 questions):
- CISSP Exam emulation #1 with 2 full 125 question tests (250 questions).
- CISSP Exam emulation #2 with 2 full 125 question tests (250 questions).
- CISSP Exam emulation #3 with 2 full 125 question tests (250 questions).
- CISSP Exam emulation #4 with 2 full 125 question tests (250 questions).
Set 2 (Domain based, 2 domains per test):
- CISSP CBK Domain 1 and 2 (260 questions).
- CISSP CBK Domain 3 and 4 (240 questions).
- CISSP CBK Domain 5 and 6 (240 questions).
- CISSP CBK Domain 7 and 8 (260 questions).
Mahalo and I hope I can help get you certified,
IT & Cyber Security trainer
Sharing my knowledge, to help you reach your IT certification goals.
CISSP, C|EH, PMP, CCNP, CompTIA Security+, SCP, CCNA-Security, CCNA, et. Al.