CISSP – Need to know, least privilege and objects/subjects.
- Least Privilege and Need to know.
- Least Privilege – (Minimum Necessary Access) Give users/systems exactly the access they need, no more, no less.
- Need to know – Even if you have access, if you do not need to know, then you should not access the data.
- A user can not deny having performed a certain action. This uses both Authentication and Integrity.
- Subject and Object.
- Subject – (Active) Most often users, but can also be programs – Subject manipulates Object.
- Object – (Passive) Any passive data (both physical paper and data) – Object is manipulated by Subject.
- Some can be both at different times, an active program is a subject; when closed, the data in program can be object.