Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability
- Finding the right mix of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability is a balancing act.
- This is really the corner stone of IT Security – finding the RIGHT mix for your organization.
- Too much Confidentiality and the Availability can suffer.
- Too much Integrity and the Availability can suffer.
- Too much Availability and both the Confidentiality and Integrity can suffer.
- The opposites of the CIA Triad is DAD (Disclosure, Alteration and Destruction).
- Disclosure – Someone not authorized gets access to your information.
- Alteration – Your data has been changed.
- Destruction – Your Data or Systems has been Destroyed or rendered inaccessible.