The 13 most valuable IT certifications today
Looking for a leg up in your IT career? IT certifications remain a proven way to quickly gain valuable skills and demonstrate deeper interest and know-how in a domain that will further your career.
Certifications and skills can help boost your salary, set you apart from the competition and help you land promotions in your current role. A survey from Global Knowledge found that 83 percent of IT professionals in the U.S. and Canada hold an IT certification — and in the U.S. the average salary for a certified IT professional is on average $8,400 (or 11.7 percent) higher.
Hiring certified professionals is also beneficial for employers. Of those surveyed, 44 percent of IT decision-makers say certifications result in employees performing work faster, 33 percent said it results in more efficiency when implementing systems and 23 percent say it helps deploy products and services faster with fewer errors.
Here are the 13 trending skills and certifications for tech workers in the new year.
The 13 top-paying certifications of 2018
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V)
- Citrix Certified Associate – Networking (CCA-N)
- VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
- Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualization (CCA-V)
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- CompTIA Project +
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching